SWG SPECIALTY: STERLON Legal Expense Insurance
If your client has insurance through South Western Group, the addition of Legal Expense Insurance (LEI) can provide them with affordable and timely access to legal services should they ever need to defend or pursue a lawsuit for the risks specified in the LEI policy.
February 23, 2021 – South Western Insurance Group
LEI protects clients against claims other products don’t cover. Professionals, association members, and small to medium-sized businesses typically lack in-house legal counsel or access to affordable legal services that cater to their needs. This makes such individuals and entities vulnerable to a number of exposures, such as:
- Employment disputes, contract disputes, human rights complaints, and criminal defence
- Landlord-tenant disputes, nuisance/trespass to property, disputes arising from damage to property
- Changing regulations and laws affecting small to medium-sized businesses
- Disciplinary proceedings, regulatory complaints and investigations, billing profile audit and criminal charges affecting regulated professionals.
The legal expenses incurred from unanticipated challenges are not typically covered by other insurance products like professional liability/malpractice insurance or commercial liability insurance. Whether a regulated professional, contractor, business owner or other organization, Canadian entities should add legal expense insurance to their insurance portfolio.
Partnering with STERLON to Offer Unmatched Expertise in Legal Expense
In an increasingly litigious society, there is a growing need for Canadian companies, associations, professionals, and individuals to have affordable access to legal services for events that are not anticipated. South Western Insurance Group has partnered with STERLON, Legal Expense Insurance Specialists, CAN-UK Underwriting Services Ltd., and specialist underwriters, who collectively offer a legal expense insurance base of expertise unmatched in Canada. South Western Group is pleased to offer Legal Expense Insurance for professionals and various classes of business including but not limited to:
- Small and Medium Canadian Businesses
- Associations e.g. gun owners, police, golfers, etc.
- Regulated Professionals
- Condominium Corporations
- Rental Management companies
- Property Management companies
- Physicians & Surgeons
- Senior Care Homes
- Private & Professional Licensed Firearm owners
- And other identified risks
Legal Expense Insurance (LEI) provides legal representation and covers the legal costs of pursuing or defending specific legal actions. These matters are defined as fortuitous events or events that are not anticipated. These can include but are not limited to:
- Employment disputes
- Billing Profile investigations
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Regulatory issues
- Human Rights complaints
- Contract disputes,
- Personal Injury (pursuit)
- Criminal charges
- Landlord & Tenant disputes
- Anti-spam and Privacy Legislation disputes
- Licensing issues
- Tax disputes
Such matters are not generally covered by other insurance products such as professional liability /malpractice insurance or commercial liability insurance.
Providing Peace of Mind With Unlimited Access to Legal Advice
For added peace of mind, LEI products from SWG provide Insureds with access to a toll-free Telephone Legal Advisory service. The service provides unlimited access to a lawyer during normal business hours, 9 am – 5 pm local time for immediate general advice on any commercial or professional matter. Certain programs provide emergency access to a lawyer 24 hours a day. There is also 24-hour Customer Service. The Telephone Legal Advisory Service is provided through established and accredited service providers.
Customer Service, the Telephone Legal Advisory Service, and claims handling are administered by STERLON, established in 1993 and the only independent monoline company in Canada dedicated solely to creating and servicing Legal Expense Insurance programs. STERLON maintains a panel of specialist lawyers to act for Insureds in the event of a claim.
- Telephone Legal Advice
- Specialist Legal Expense underwriting team
- Canadian Insurer
- Representation by specialist lawyers
- Claims handling by adjusters dedicated solely to Legal Expense claims
- Rapid Service
- Unmatched Canadian expertise
- Tailor-made products
Visit our website for more details.
Content is current as of the date of broadcast and is subject to change without notice.